• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Allegations Of Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AndreaMart

What is the name of your state? wa

I really need legal advise quickly. I worked for a company called CompUSA for the past 6 months, was highly rated at my job and even received employee of the month. My problems started when a co-worker started sexually harrasing me, he made lots of comments about my sex life and also that my husband was probably having affairs behind my back, this really shocked me and hurt me deeply. I went to management and told them what was said by the co-worker and at first nothing was done, I have to insist that I would go to Head Office if they would not deal with him. Other employees were questioned and then the co-woker was questioned, nothing was ever said to me by management as to what the outcome was nor did I recieve an apology. I was also getting harrassed by a few other co-workers, got teased continuosly about my accent and this made me really consicous and un-confident at my job, 1 female co-worker said that I looked like a slut with my blonde hair and this was overheard by a manager who laughed at what she said. I told a few co-workers that I was considering sueing the store and this somehow must have got back to management because they started questioning employees and warning them against speaking to me.On Thursday 13th June I went to work as normal and after being on the job for 1 hour was taken into the managers office. She told me that I was making a bad atmosphere in the workplace, making allegations against co-workers and turning staff against her. She said that if she had her way she would see that I would no longer be working there. 3 hours later I was taken back into the office where a manager and some guy from loss prevention questioned me about theft within the store. The evidence they had against me was an employee purchase form that was from another store with a first name on it and said they were linking me to the theft of gift cards. From hearing this allegation I said I quit and let the store immediately. Today a friend who works at the store said that after I left they called police and filed a report against me, police have yet to file charges and question me. How strong are their charges, no video evidence and just a first name on the employee purchase form. Should I sue the company first for the harrasement I had against me. Please give me your advise on the matter.

M

mystamorgz

First of all talk to a lawyer. Secondly, I wouldn't believe those employees that told you the management filed a police report. Aren't these the same people that were giving you a hard time? This was a scare tactic, to get you to leave. You were threatening their comfortable "clique". With no haste I would talk to a good lawyer, damages are definitely in order. If this is the big company Comp USA they wont want to push this. You can recover from this, their harassment and false allegations. Good luck and don't delay...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">