• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alleged Molestation by Father-In-Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gangie66

What is the name of your state? MI

We take care of my father-in-law, who is 70 years old, has very bad health and the start of dementia. We have cared for him since he first became ill, about 8 years ago. At that time, he was giving money to many family members whenever they asked. My husband was put in charge of his financial affairs as well as medical affairs. The family members that were taking money were extremely upset, they tried to have my father-in-law move in with them, but he found that all they wanted was his money (big surprise) and chose to stay with us. These family members quit speaking to him at that time. Now, 7 years after they quit speaking to my father-in-law, they contacted then met with my husband last week and told him that his father had sexually abused 3 daughters in the family (1 has died in the last year, the other wanted no part of this meeting). Due to this, they feel my husband should pay 2 of their bills for them out of my father-in-law's money. These are the same people that wanted the man to move in with them to gain control of his money. Supposedly the daughter that was at the meeting has been in therapy for years, if that was the case why would they have wanted him to move in with them? We are unsure of how to correctly handle the situation. We do not want to bring this up to my father-in-law due to the mental capacity diminishing and do not feel he should be upset over another attempt by the family members trying to get money again. We are not going to pay the bills they want paid. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">