• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alleged Sexual Misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbugsbabydawl

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My husband has been accused of "taking her hand, pulling her close trying to kiss her and trying to put his hands in her pants." This is what the 16 year old girl is stating about my husband. She is my daughter's friend and is always at our house, etc. Never, EVER has there been anything inappropriate even suspected by anyone either in or outside of the family. This accusation just came out of the blue.

This alleged rumor has now run rampant in our small town and is going to highly affect our children attending this school even more - not to mention he and myself and our families.

There hasn't even been a formal police report filed. They just called a friend of the family is an officer (a paper officer, still yet an officer) who was on vacation. I called the main sheriff's office and they had no knowledge of it whatsoever. The officer (friend of the family) called me and said it was just being looked into and nothing is going to happen until all parties are talked to. First, how can this officer take a so-called report and not make it properly known at the Sheriff's Department. Second, this officer told me he knows this girl and that she has "been known to not be the best little girl" and that he has 40 other things going on right now. To me, if this was my daughter I would not waste one second on filing charges. I would do so immediately. We would probably also go looking for the alleged person or make contact. This girl's dad or mom has not done so even though I asked the mom to give me a call. This girl and my daughter are friends again, but hadn't been for over a year because they got into it and both our family's got into it.

My husband has a 16 month old and a 5 month old. He would never, ever risk anything as stupid as this to possibly lose his kids, his family and his entire life. He is adamant he did not do this. This allegedly happened at a park in the middle of town in broad daylight. She is telling people there was no one there and he said he was there, but absolutely did not see or talk to her, and that he was watching some kids play baseball.

So mainly her word against his. But this is going to affect everything from hereon out. We need to nip this in the bud ASAP. What can we do? Can we file a false complaint? A slander/defamation of character suit (but we don't want to go small claims because it's only $3,000.00 here) or what? I am not going to let this tear our family apart. Should we wait for an official complaint to be filed? Should we just sit and wait it out and hope nothing comes of it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">