• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

altered parking permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VostroInsp

At my university there is not much parking. I missed out on getting a spot near campus so I bought the only permit available which was miles from campus. Although it wasn't fun I got to school early each day so I could have time to park and then shuttle to campus. One day it was storming and I was sick and running late so I altered my parking permit to look as though I could park closer to campus just for the day then I was gonna change it back. Bad idea. First time got busted. Paid a bunch of parking fines to campus. I am worried though about being charged with a theft of services. I mean really. One time and I even had a permit that cost the same as the good parking. I don't want to have a theft of services charge on my record for such as stupid thing. What are my options. If you were to plead guilty will it show on your record permanetly. Should I fight it in court. I mean I did park where I wasn't suppose to. But it was only 1 time and I had a valid paid permit that cost the same price as the closer parking. the closer parking had just sold out. I just don't see how it can be theft of services. Parking fine I can understand but not theft of services.

CavemanLawyer

Have you actually been charged with theft of service? From your post I can't tell. That'd be an interesting defense since you paid for basically a different version of the same service. If there was a price difference it wouldn't make a difference but since its the same maybe it couldn't be theft of service. Either way I wouldn't expect them to file on you, and if they did I wouldn't expect them to proceed on that charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">