• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Always Liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PaperbackWriter

Hi. I need your LEGAL GENIUS.

I am still in the process of developing a screenplay about an elusive serial killer in America. At this point in the story, it has been thirty years since he last committed a murder; and he has undergone several major shifts in consciousness with spiritual teachers all over the world. Still at large, he is living life in love with a straight-laced college professor. When he finally discloses his true identity to her, she is the only person alive to know.

Before I go any further with the storyline, I must know if she is legally obligated in anyway to report his identity to the authorities. In other words: now thirty years after the murders, if she helps to keep his secret does she incriminate herself in any way?

I hope this will be of some FUN for you to answer. Who knows? Perhaps someday you and I will see our names in the CREDITS on the silver screen. Thanks again sincerely for your assistance.

Truly,
PbW

Last edited:

kat1963

Try doing a search for *accessory after the fact*. If she knows this was commited, and assisted him in not getting caught. But then again, I'm not a laywer.

KAT...but then again, she could take the 5th.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">