• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I able to sue this person?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigS

What is the name of your state? Utah.

Ok I will try to make this as short and to the point as possible while explaining the whole scenario.
About 3 months ago I recieved a call from 2 a friend of a friend, we know each other from school but aren't really friends. He told me that he was at a party and a couple kids were starting problems and he needed a ride as he had been drinking. I was at my house with another friend we were crashing after a night out. I am more often than not the designated driver so he called me to come get him out of the situation. I refused the first time as he was close enough to walk home but he called again 15 minutes later and said they were after him and to come get him. So we jumped in my car to go get him and we arrived and found him cowering in the bushes so we were walking back to the car past the house with the "bullies" and he proceeded to walk up and start talking tough now that his friends were there. My friend that came with me and I just told the kids we were not there to fight but if they had a problem they could figure it out. Well we sat down in on the patio while they continued to argue and my friend apparently had been talking us up like we were going to come stomp them, well about this time 3 cars of Tongans and Mexicans showed up and swarmed us and things started to get heated well I stood up this time and tried to calm everyone down and explain that we were not there to fight but if they had to fight then just let them. Well I am a competitive bodybuilder and I guess my appearance is inherently a bit intimidating and provacative so I was immediatly targeted. Well to wrap this up bottles started getting broken over peoples head and punches flying and about that time the friend that called for help Ran like an olympic sprinter away from everything and I ended up with a nose broken 14 times, 4 fractures in my skull, a tear in my right temporal lobe, a fractured right orbital, I have had one surgery to piece my nose back together and next year I have to have another to fix my now non working right nostril. I am currently having minor seizures due to the resulting scar tissue in my brain. I am having to take dilantin, an anti convulsant so I dont' have siezures in class and wet my pants.

I feel he led me into a situation blind. I was there to pick him up and leave. Not to "back him up" in a fight. Which he had obviously been telling the people at the party thats what we were there to do.
The police have proven to be worthless, I have not recieved a single call from the detective that is handling my case and she has lied to my parents more than once saying she stopped by my apartment on 2 occasions, which she did not do.
I would like this kid to pay for the copay for my insurance which is about $3000 right now. Can I sue for this???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">