• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I allowed to own a blank-fiaring pistol replica in NYC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flopinf

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flopinf said:
"Am I allowed to own a blank-fiaring pistol replica in NYC?"

=================================

My response:

Sure you are!

But, when you go outside to test it, watch how many real bullets are fired in your direction!

IAAL

O

oddefex

flopinf said:
Your allowed to own it just dont be a dumb ass and use it in a manner contrary to its purpose. So dont go outside shooting it or carrying it around. Then you imply that its real and cops will shoot first ask questions later. If you are useing it for sporting events then its fine just dont be a dumbass with it and your ok.

F

flopinf

In that case how come online retailers are not allowed to ship one to NYC.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flopinf said:
"In that case how come online retailers are not allowed to ship one to NYC."

==================================

My response:

That wasn't your original question. You only asked if you're allowed to "own" a Starter's Pistol in NYC. And, you are. All you need to do is go into your neighborhood gun shop or sporting goods store.

IAAL

F

flopinf

That does beg the question though, that if I am allowed to own a replica blank-fiaring pistol, how come retailors are not allowed to ship it to me?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flopinf said:
That does beg the question though, that if I am allowed to own a replica blank-fiaring pistol, how come retailors are not allowed to ship it to me?

===================================

My response:

First, it's spelled "firing", not "fiaring". At first, I thought yours was a typographical error - - however, you keep making the same spelling error.

Secondly, perhaps New York takes the "Oswald-Kennedy" law more seriously than other States - - I don't know. I guess you can ask someone in Albany about this, like your State senator.

Good luck in your quest for information.

IAAL

O

oddefex

my guess is a kid who wants to tote a starter pistol thinking hes a ganster thug. lol

F

flopinf

Actually oddefex, I know It's hard to fathom but gun collectors do exist.

O

oddefex

wait a second here! You are a gun collector? But you dont know about a blank starter pistol? Give me a break and piss on somone elses leg and say its raining cus that statement doesnt hold water.Gun collector my arse.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flopinf said:
Actually oddefex, I know It's hard to fathom but gun collectors do exist.

My response:

I spoke to one of my clients who has an extensive gun collection dating from 1810 to the present time. When I asked him about "collectors" having starter pistols in their collections, he looked at me with a look of disbelief, probably wondering if there was something more to my question. Then he burst out laughing. He said, "starter pistols aren't collectible - - unless you're a racing official. No self-respecting gun collector would consider a mere "starter pistol" for their collection. They're not guns, their just noise makers!"

So, don't try to fool us with a lame excuse like, "gun collectors do exist."

With that lame excuse, and the fact you're in New York, it would seem you're just a mere thug trying to find out some of the legalities of such a "noise maker" versus a real gun to carry out your untoward plans - - probably because you're unable to obtain a real gun, or a real gun at a decent price.

IAAL

D

DRN

Yeah, New York State is tough on guns - you get caught with a gun, you do a year automatically.

Unless, of course, you're Harry Connick Jr. and get caught with an unregistered handgun at the airport. Then you get sentenced to put on a concert as community service.

AmosMoses

I see here where IAAL...

... evidently may not know a whole lot about gun collecting, so he did what I think is one helluva good thing to do: he asked someone who did! Now, he could have ventured a guess, and likely came up with the same answer, but he didn't. This, in my opinion, is excellent! I have seen several posts wherein IAAL is referred to as, well, let's just say "insensitive". Now, he is yet to get on me about anything, although it is likely coming, because I tend to ask some stupid things, but believe it or not I don't really see the stupidity in my posts until it's pointed out to me. BUT, I guarantee you one thing...the guy KNOWS this legal stuff, and what he doesn't, he can find out, just like several other members here. So, if he answers ANY of my questions, and peppers the response with comments I don't happen to like, it'll probably be because those points ring of the truth. I'll be MORE than happy to take the critique with the info, ANY day! I try to furnish people with advice, but it is usually very uninformed, and simply what I "think" about it, however I try to be helpful, anyway. But that is something that you can very seldom really count on as a useful tool. IAAL may not sugarcoat his posts, but hey, if your skin isn't thick enough to handle THAT, you are in for a lot of heartache if you ever do wind up being cross-examined for anything!! I tend to put a lot of stock into what IAAL, Home Guru, and a few others here say. Hey, if I ask a question, I hope the answer is what I need to hear, not sweetly worded to be what I "want" to hear.

That being said, I can tell you one thing...I don't see ANY reason a gun collector would want one of those crappy "starter pistols", and do happen to know guns. I can see a lot of reasons that someone would want to own one, but all of them could well wind up getting it shoved up his a@# at best, and putting him in the pen or the ground at worst. I mean, if you are a "collector", your collection is evidently barren now, and is planned to consist of one starter pistol?!!??!! Naaaahh! That ain't gonna fly!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">