• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i responsible??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crapshot1

What is the name of your state? kansas

i had a girl living with me for about a year. during this time, she was forging my name to acquire credit cards, a cell phone, and other things without my knowledge. i found out about it when the creditors started calling. the da has been dragging his feet and not helping me much, and i now have a credit card company about to start garnishing my wages. what do i do??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

crapshot1 said:
What is the name of your state? kansas

i had a girl living with me for about a year. during this time, she was forging my name to acquire credit cards, a cell phone, and other things without my knowledge. i found out about it when the creditors started calling. the da has been dragging his feet and not helping me much, and i now have a credit card company about to start garnishing my wages. what do i do??

My response:

Did CC company take you to court? Was a judgment rendered against you in that case? What was your defense in court? Did you even bother going to court?

IAAL

C

crapshot1

no, we haven't been to court yet. they called today and said they are going to start legal action to start garnishing my assets (i assume wages)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">