• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I screwed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StolenfromMich

I'm from Michigan. He's from Maine.

Hello, I need some help.

A month ago, I bought $725 of parts from a younger guy in Maine that I met on the internet classified ads. I sent his mother a Post Office Money Order, which she signed & cashed. No parts came. He made many excuses for not sending my parts, he told me his mother was going to send them, & now he won't answer his phone. His mother has told me she thinks he doesn't have the parts anymore? She also told me she did not ship any parts to me. I have purchased parts from this guy in the past with no issues. But now I think I'm screwed.

Is there any legal action (or other actions) I can take other than Maine's Small Claims Court? I'm in Michigan; I don't really want to travel to Maine if I don't have to.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">