• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I screwed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skysblack

Illinois

I was arrested for retail theft. I went into a grocery store when i found out that I had got a raise at work. Happy i was going to treat myself to a steak and a bag of good coffee. I had no cart to put the items in because that is all i planned to get. After getting the items i thought i better get some pop also. While walking over to the pop isle i place the steak and coffee in my coat. this way i could carry the case of pop.
When i got to the pop i noticed that the price must have been wrong. I approached a store clerk and asked about the cost. He said it was wrong and he would fix it. He said he would go get it for me. I told him, "I will get it later" then walked away from him with the intent to go get a cart to put my two items in along with the pop when i went back. I also figured I would get some fresh mushrooms to go with my steak. When I started to walk away to get a cart and the mushrooms, the store clerk told me "Come with me sir". I told him i was not done shopping. I told him i needed a cart because I wanted more stuff. I turned around and again began to walk and get a cart. Again the clerk said come with me sir. I asked him what this was about and he said you know why sir. I was brought to an office and the police were called. I told them I had not finished shopping, that I wasnt trying to leave the store, that I didnt even walk toward the exit or through or past the checkout . Can they do this ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">