• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in trouble ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magicdreams12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello everyone,

My ex girlfriend moved out a couple months ago & I found some documents that lead me to believe that she may have committed welfare fraud. Basically it was documents that had been altered.

Here's the issues:

I am laid off temporarily. I may need to apply for some temporary assistance until I get called back. I am concerned that I may be held accountable for her actions if discovered.

We did get some assistance from the state while together, but since she handled the paperwork aspect, I assumed that all was handled properly. Based on the documents that I found, I don't think that my income was included in it, even though it should have been based on what I read. I used the benefit card a couple times when going to the grocery, but again, I just assumed that she did everything legally and everyone in the home was counted. Now, I'm not so sure.

I am scared to death. I have never committed a crime in my life and I sure don't want to be caught up in something I had no control over.

Any advice for me ?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">