• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in trouble?!, Gf living w/ me w/o parents ok?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TheVulture

Here is the situation folks, My Girlfriend (16 1/2) and I (19) have moved in together. She has been living with me for about a day and 1/2 now at my home w/ my mother. He mother and father are very upset and I think have notified the Police and classified her as a run away. One of the main reasons she has moved in with me is she is 85% certain she is Pregnate and her mom would flip out and stress her out to much and could end up losing the child. We've talked about moving out of state but I'm not sure If I would get in trouble (actually I'm not sure what they can do to me now that she is living with me). SHe was going to get emancipated but it costs to much money and with her car payment and not being able to work full time we don't have the money right now, plus there was no gurantee she could get it done. We especially couldn't afford it if she is pregnate though. We are engaged and have been for about 4 months, but do to her age again i understand that we need parental consent and all to get married.

The second part of this is that her mother isn't her biological mother. I was wondering if we could find her biological mother if by law her mother can sign for the marriage or do we still have to wait till she is 18 do to the fact her biological mother gave up the rights to her when she was adopted??? She was adopted in Arizona if you need to no about state laws regarding that. Please leave a post with any and ALL information as I'm sorta worried I may be headed to jail sooner or later and I'd like to know if its legal for us to move out of state or her to be here! thanks everyone!

Rochelle

You need to get her back to her parents, pregnant or not. She is underage, and you are breaking the law. Believe me, this can be worked out but she HAS got to GO HOME.

And her biological mother can not sign anything. Only her parents who raised her are recognized by the court as being her parents.

T

TheVulture

I some what Figured that she needed to go back home, but being as she isn't willing/interested in returning home n' the folks have been preventing her from seeing me , I'm not sure how anything will be resolved . . . What will the police/courts be able to do about this?

Rochelle

Well, if her parents file charges saying you have their child, regardless if its with her permission, they can say you've kidnapped her, and they can charge you with statutory rape. She is still a minor and you are not. Then the police will arrest you and you will have to explain all this to a judge. Judges don't care about all the love and stuff. They're going to look at it from the legal side. I wasn't able to determine if you were saying she left the state to be with you. And you're putting your mother in trouble by letting her stay there as well. SHE should know better herself.

As a parent, I'd be upset too and you can't expect them not to be stressed out about this situation. My personal advice would be for her to contact them and see if there's anyway to meet. But she has to go home, and like it or not, her parents are calling the shots here, not you two. I'm not preaching to you, I just don't think you understand the seriousness of this and just what you two will be facing if she IS pregnant.

T

TheVulture

Well thanks for the info, appreciate er, also the laws for satuatory rape don't exist in indiana its Sexual Misconduct w/ a Minor and the legal age of consent in Indiana is 16 there for that is tossed out the window. I am a law major in college so I've checked out allot of the legal situations. As for Kidnaping as defined by the state I have not taken anyone against there will so that is gone too, but I did find out my mama can get in trouble and that is why I have talked to her parents are we're going to meet tomorrow. Thanks for the advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">