• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anonymous Letters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Researcher1234

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Virginia

Exactly three weeks ago today, I received a very brief letter in the mail stating that my fiance was cheating on me. I didn't believe the letter and wrote it off as someone being bitter against my fiance. One week later, I received a second letter from the same individual, but this letter was longer, and more hostile and insulting. It seemed to me that the person was frustrated that the first letter didn't receive the response that they wanted. And today, I received a third letter just as insulting. The fact that I have received three anonymous letters, one every tuesday, for the last three weeks is a little disturbing. All three were typewritten with handwritten envelopes. There wasn't a signature or a verifiable return address. The last two letters were hostile, and someone has taken care in sending them. I have saved the letters in case this individual should surface, and I expect that I will receive more. I'm hoping that the person's identity will be revealed so that I may file a police report against them because in this day and age you need to be careful. I am just trying to see if there is anything else that I can do for now. If anyone can assist me, thank you.

outonbail

Throw the letters in the trash without reading them and forget they ever arrived. If there was any truth to them and someone was so concerned for you to know something like this, they would tell you in person, not like some secret pen pale.

The purpose of these letters is to cause friction in your relationship. It's up to you to go along with such follish nonsense. So don't give yourself the chance, toss them and never look back!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">