• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another bounced check question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linker33

What is the name of your state? CA

Another question about bounced checks. If I pull my credit report, I'm thinking that any checks that might have bounced in the past, and not been taken care of would show up, right?
If I pay all of the people listed on my CR in full, and later on down the road find I have a warrent out for those bad checks. I understand I will owe the Court for fees, fines ect... But will the actual debts be considard paid? Also, will it make any differance to the court, that I have already made restitution to the affected parties?
I know some people on here are going to tell me to just turn myself in and see what happens. But first of all, I don't even know if have a warrent, and if I do, I would like to take care of as much of the problem as I can, prior to dealing w/ the court about it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

S

seniorjudge

Let me give you an example:

I write a bad check to the grocery store. They turn it over to the prosecutor who files a bad check case against me. The next day, I go to the grocery store and pay them off.

The grocery store tells the prosecutor that the debt has been paid. It will not be on my credit report.

The prosecutor says, "Fine, but this joker still committed a crime and he will pay."

Thus, I have settled the civil part of the matter, but the criminal part still needs to be taken care of.

I am not sure if bad checks are reported as debts or what on a credit report. Someone else may know. Stand by.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">