• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Retail Theft in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IceCube

I also was stupid and was caught stealing from a retail store in PA when I was 22, I was wondering how do I know if I have a record and when I apply for a job and they ask for a criminal record what will they find out? Is there any way to get this removed from my record? I paid a fine, is this considered a felony or what? Help!

Stupid in PA

S

seniorjudge

IceCube said:
I also was stupid and was caught stealing from a retail store in PA when I was 22, I was wondering how do I know if I have a record and when I apply for a job and they ask for a criminal record what will they find out? Is there any way to get this removed from my record? I paid a fine, is this considered a felony or what? Help!

Stupid in PA
Go to the local cop shop and have them run your record. Or you may have to ask your state police/highway patrol to run your record. When you get the results, it should tell you if it was a felony or a misdemeanor.

Upon what grounds would you want this removed from your record?

Bravo8

The local PD will most likely not run your record. The reason being that our access to such records is strictly regulated, and we are only permitted to run criminal histories under certain circumstances, and the subject of the history being curious isn't one of them.

For $10, you can submit a request to the Pennsylvania State Police (who maintains the Criminal History database in PA and submits the records to the FBI). Within a few weeks, you'll receive a copy of your history in the mail.

To have the record expunged, you would need to speak with an attorney.

IceCube

The reason I wanted it removed was because ironically I am pursuing a degree in Crime & Justice and wish to work in the legal system and fear this may prevent any job opportunies I may have. Thank you for replying to my message.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">