• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Woman Scorned /please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diamondskye

IL

Hello, recently a man whom Ive been living with for the last 3 years, threw my son and I out on the street because he had found someone new on the internet through the personal ads. Is it against the law to make flyers of his personal ad and put it on cars and telephone poles? He admitted he wrote this ad and could not deny it, it has all his personal information on it. I want to humiliate him like he did me, and I want people to know what a pathetic fool he is. Can he sue me? what if I add his picture to it, as he did not put it on there? please reply . I dont want to go to jail if its against the law. Thank you in advance.
Diamond

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

diamondskye said:
IL

Hello, recently a man whom Ive been living with for the last 3 years, threw my son and I out on the street because he had found someone new on the internet through the personal ads. Is it against the law to make flyers of his personal ad and put it on cars and telephone poles? He admitted he wrote this ad and could not deny it, it has all his personal information on it. I want to humiliate him like he did me, and I want people to know what a pathetic fool he is. Can he sue me? what if I add his picture to it, as he did not put it on there? please reply . I dont want to go to jail if its against the law. Thank you in advance.
Diamond

My response:

Oh, would you just stop it, and grow up! Get on with your life, and stop going backward. Do you know how many "scorned women" there are out there? If all of them did what you're suggesting, the entire town would look like a litter box.

Posting such things on public property; e.g., light and telephone poles, is illegal. Besides, he could probably maintain an action against you for "invasion of privacy" - - the public exposure of private facts.

You'd be the only one looked upon as the "pathetic fool", just like the way I'm looking at you now. So, cool your jets.

IAAL

D

diamondskye

He posted his own public facts. and treats women and children like dirt, people should be warned not to answer this ad.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

diamondskye said:
He posted his own public facts. and treats women and children like dirt, people should be warned not to answer this ad.

My response:

Do whatever you want, and whatever makes you feel good. I don't care.

You're the one who's going to have to answer to the consequences of your actions.

IAAL

D

diamondskye

Whats the difference whether the flyer is about a deadbeat dad, adultery or bad business ethics? Why would it be illegal if its something he posted on the internet? and what consequences could there be? I realize you think Im a "pathetic fool' but you have no idea the trauma and expense this person caused my son and me. it was absolutely horrible, but thank you for replying, even after the slam.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

diamondskye said:
Whats the difference whether the flyer is about a deadbeat dad, adultery or bad business ethics? Why would it be illegal if its something he posted on the internet? and what consequences could there be? I realize you think Im a "pathetic fool' but you have no idea the trauma and expense this person caused my son and me. it was absolutely horrible, but thank you for replying, even after the slam.

My response:

Do you really believe you're unique?

After 23 years of being a Family Law attorney in California, let me tell you - - you're not. I've seen it all, and heard it all. Your story plays out hundreds of times a year, with just as many women.

You have some "fault" in this, too, for what happened to you and your son. It was your fault for living with a man without the protections of the marital laws. By you doing what you did, you placed your child, and yourself, in peril. You had no right to do that. You had no right to depend on anyone else but yourself. But, you placed all of your "marbles" in one bag - - so, when he decided to spill the bag, all of your hopes and dreams went out with with the marbles. You're the one who caused your child's insecurity.

So, please . . . don't give me that "It's all his fault" bull crap. It takes two to Tango. You failed your child, and you failed yourself by not protecting yourself with the marital laws.

Next time, don't be a sap and a fool. You have yourself to blame too.

Sincerely, I have no sympathy for someone like yourself who fails to maintain a "safety net."

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Home Guru..

diamondskye said:
Do you agree with " I am always liable" ?

==================================

My response:

Homeguru isn't a Family Law attorney. So, with all due respect, it doesn't matter whether he agrees or disagrees.

IAAL

Last edited:
D

diamondskye

I am always liable

You are so right... he promised marriage, I was a fool and no, I dont think I'm unique. and I thank you for your time and reply.

S

sdstrooper

I agree, just let it go. I'm not a lawyer, but I am a cop. I've seen people shot, stabbed, and in one instance, killed over grudges similar to yours. Just be glad your not with the jerk anymore and move on to greener pastures.

C

coosi

Diamond,

Don't lower yourself to his level. If for no other reason, it holds you back and keeps you from getting on with your life. (It's a very poor example for your son) Never doubt, eventually, he'll get what he deserves. Karma, baby.:D

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">