• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Liberty Moon

I was in a relationship with a guy in Florida, and like a fool I was easily talked into having some intimate photos taken by this man that I was to marry. The relationship has now ended, he owes me money, I have threatened to take him to court, and he has threatened that if I do, he will publish my photos, is there any legal action, even if it just be a letter to try and stop him from doing this, and if he does post these photos, can I then take any legal action against him.
Thanks in advance for any help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Liberty Moon said:
I was in a relationship with a guy in Florida, and like a fool I was easily talked into having some intimate photos taken by this man that I was to marry. The relationship has now ended, he owes me money, I have threatened to take him to court, and he has threatened that if I do, he will publish my photos, is there any legal action, even if it just be a letter to try and stop him from doing this, and if he does post these photos, can I then take any legal action against him.
Thanks in advance for any help
My response:

You can try . . . but probably won't be successful . . . to obtain a Restraining Order against him to keep him from publishing, or disseminating to any third persons, your "private facts" from public view, based upon public and familial humiliation the same would cause.

You may also be able to file a Civil suit for an Injunction and for return of the photos.

It's really your only hope. But, like I said, you probably won't be successful with it because you gave him these photos, and obviously did so without any written stipulations.

So, give it a whirl and see what happens.

Good luck.

IAAL

L

Liberty Moon

Re: Re: Any Advice please

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

You can try . . . but probably won't be successful . . . to obtain a Restraining Order against him to keep him from publishing, or disseminating to any third persons, your "private facts" from public view, based upon public and familial humiliation the same would cause.

You may also be able to file a Civil suit for an Injunction and for return of the photos.

It's really your only hope. But, like I said, you probably won't be successful with it because you gave him these photos, and obviously did so without any written stipulations.

So, give it a whirl and see what happens.

Good luck.

IAAL
I didnt give him the photos, during a sexual act he produced a camera and took the photos, when I protested he said not to worry they were only for him, and that as soon as he had looked at them, he would delete the photos from the camera, I didnt like it, but hey I trusted this man, I was going to marry him, he wasnt a stranger, I had been with this man for 2 yrs, before this happened, it wasnt till later that I ofund out that he never deleted the photos from his camera.
thanks for your advice anyway

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">