+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mokey000 Guest

    Question Any difference between corruption of minor and unlawful sexual conduct with minor?

    What is the name of your state? OHIO


    Is there a difference between corruption of a minor and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor? For example, if a 22 year old has sexual intercourse with a 17 year old is there anything illegal about this? From what I have read and understand it is not illegal for intercourse to occur between two people of these ages but I'm not clear on any other charges that may be brought up against the 22 year old. Can corruption of a minor come into play or is it included under this code. I have read that it is but the actual code doesn't say whether or not it is or isn't. I'm not sure that it makes any difference but these are two people I know very well and they do actually have a good relationship and seem to be on the same maturity level depsite the difference in age. This also isn't an issue of the parents wanting to find a way to press charges because they too don't have a problem with the relationship. This is just something that everyone seems to have their own input on and it all seems to be different in certain aspects so we are basically looking for a concrete answer to whether or not their relationship is "totally legal" so to speak. Thanks ahead of time for any helpful input and mind you comments on the age difference and personal opinions and feelings on why people with age differences such as this shouldn't be together will be disregarded as we are looking for the correct answer not a debate


    Here's the Ohio revised code to maybe assist anyone that wants to help out...

    2907.04 Unlawful sexual conduct with minor.

    (A) No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard.

    (B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

    (1) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (B)(2), (3), and (4) of this section, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the fourth degree.

    (2) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is less than four years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

    (3) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is ten or more years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the third degree.

    (4) If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of section 2907.02, 2907.03, or 2907.04 of the Revised Code or a violation of former section 2907.12 of the Revised Code, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the second degree.
  2. #2
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,919

    Re: Any difference between corruption of minor and unlawful sexual conduct with minor

    Originally posted by mokey000
    What is the name of your state? OHIO


    Is there a difference between corruption of a minor and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor? For example, if a 22 year old has sexual intercourse with a 17 year old is there anything illegal about this? From what I have read and understand it is not illegal for intercourse to occur between two people of these ages but I'm not clear on any other charges that may be brought up against the 22 year old. Can corruption of a minor come into play or is it included under this code. I have read that it is but the actual code doesn't say whether or not it is or isn't. I'm not sure that it makes any difference but these are two people I know very well and they do actually have a good relationship and seem to be on the same maturity level depsite the difference in age. This also isn't an issue of the parents wanting to find a way to press charges because they too don't have a problem with the relationship. This is just something that everyone seems to have their own input on and it all seems to be different in certain aspects so we are basically looking for a concrete answer to whether or not their relationship is "totally legal" so to speak. Thanks ahead of time for any helpful input and mind you comments on the age difference and personal opinions and feelings on why people with age differences such as this shouldn't be together will be disregarded as we are looking for the correct answer not a debate


    Here's the Ohio revised code to maybe assist anyone that wants to help out...

    2907.04 Unlawful sexual conduct with minor.

    (A) No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard.

    (B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

    (1) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (B)(2), (3), and (4) of this section, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the fourth degree.

    (2) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is less than four years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

    (3) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is ten or more years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the third degree.

    (4) If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of section 2907.02, 2907.03, or 2907.04 of the Revised Code or a violation of former section 2907.12 of the Revised Code, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the second degree.
    **A: before you do the mokey pokey again, read the information given by JETX back in October.
  3. #3
    mokey000 Guest
    I can't seem to find anything about Ohio. Just Florida and a couple other states that don't excatly have the same laws as Ohio.
  4. #4
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,919
    You're not looking hard enough.
  5. #5
    mokey000 Guest
    I searched as much as I could and didn't come up with anything. This isn't an Easter egg hunt so would you please help me out with an answer instead of just telling me there's information out there that I obviously can't seem to find. Thanks again.
  6. #6
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,919
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mokey000
    [B]I searched as much as I could and didn't come up with anything. This isn't an Easter egg hunt...

    **A: that's because we just got through with Christmas and the next holiday is New Years. You got your holidays mixed up.
  7. #7
    mokey000 Guest
    Thanks for keeping my thread near the top Guru... maybe someone will decide to come along and help out a bit.
  8. #8
    bigbootyjudy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1

    Wink

    Ten Years later, the answer to your question is No and Yes.

    In Ohio 'Corruption of a Minor' cannot be charged to a person over 18 who has sex with a 17 year old.

    Yes, There are differences in 'Corruption of a Minor' and "unlawful sex with a minor'

    Section 2907.04 was written to address corruption of a minor as it was originally written, but modified to reflect "unlawful sexual conduct". Further, the law was drafted to provide differing penalties based certain elements.

    Compare the paragraphs of both statutes and you will notice the difference.

    As far as the 21 year old and 17 year old. Everything sound legal unless the 17 year old is a student and the 21 year old a legal guardian, teacher.....etc.
  9. #9
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Heart o' Dixie
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjudy View Post
    Ten Years later, the answer to your question is No and Yes.

    In Ohio 'Corruption of a Minor' cannot be charged to a person over 18 who has sex with a 17 year old.

    Yes, There are differences in 'Corruption of a Minor' and "unlawful sex with a minor'

    Section 2907.04 was written to address corruption of a minor as it was originally written, but modified to reflect "unlawful sexual conduct". Further, the law was drafted to provide differing penalties based certain elements.

    Compare the paragraphs of both statutes and you will notice the difference.

    As far as the 21 year old and 17 year old. Everything sound legal unless the 17 year old is a student and the 21 year old a legal guardian, teacher.....etc.
    The forum prefers that you don't necropost.

Similar Threads

  1. Defamation of Character/corruption of a minor
    By Rugratmo in forum Libel / Slander / Defamation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 07:12 AM
  2. Criminal Sexual Conduct With a Minor
    By MommaC in forum Other Crimes Federal and State
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 09:59 PM
  3. unlawful conduct with minor
    By slshiv in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:59 AM
  4. minor by minor sexual molestation
    By 9gs4him in forum Domestic Violence & Abuse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 11:06 AM
  5. corruption of a minor
    By sande in forum Other Crimes Federal and State
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2000, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.