• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any law against shadow mapping?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justin_

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MONTANA
Hi I was wondering if there would be any way that a person could get in trouble for making, owning, buying, or selling shadow maps aka maps that show security camera blind spots in/around buildings or general areas?

Thanks

Justin

justalayman

First, one would have to be concerned how you obtained such information. That alone could be problematic. Many installations have cameras you would not be aware of unless you had "insider" information. Depending how that information was obtained, by whom, and their association with the building, it could be a problem.

Second, if the info dealt with any governmental buildings and depending on the security level of the building, yes, that could be a problem

then, depending on how the info is used an argument could be made for complicity in a crime if the info is used to commit a crime. It's a stretch and difficult to successfully tie in but depending on the facts, not totally impossible.

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MONTANA
Hi I was wondering if there would be any way that a person could get in trouble for making, owning, buying, or selling shadow maps aka maps that show security camera blind spots in/around buildings or general areas?

Thanks

Justin
Purpose and potential use is always important. It is not illegal to make, own, buy or sell a screwdriver. If I'm holding it in my pocket at night outside a building that is not mine while trespassing, it might be considered a burglary tool. Why do you have this information? What do you want to do with it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">