• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aquaintance using my address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

g-n-c

What is the name of your state?
Texas.
An aquaintance who lived in Texas until 3 years ago when he moved to Kentucky, recently returned to Texas for a visit. While here, he renewed his Texas Drivers License and Texas Insurance License using MY address. (He didn't ask) I am not comfortable with the deception and I don't want him using my address...he has never lived at my house. I believe he is doing it because KY has a state income tax, TX does not. He has now returned to KY. How do I go about reporting his deception and getting MY address off of his information. I really prefer not to deal with him. Sorry if this is posted in wrong category. Thank you.

Last edited:

JETX

g-n-c said:
he renewed his Texas Drivers License and Texas Insurance License using MY address.
Then simply write "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" on the envelopes when delivered and return to sender.
WOW!! That was REALLY easy, huh?? :D

JETX

g-n-c said:
Only wish it was so easy.....he already has them.
Hmmmm... might have been relevant for you to say that in your original post, huh??

In any case, you can certainly call his insurance company and tell them that his vehicle is not 'garaged' at your address any longer. They can cancel his insurance.
As for the drivers license itself, not much you can do there.... but you can notify the TX DPS of his current standing and they might note it in his record in the event he is ticketed elsewhere.

ceara19

JETX said:
Hmmmm... might have been relevant for you to say that in your original post, huh??

In any case, you can certainly call his insurance company and tell them that his vehicle is not 'garaged' at your address any longer. They can cancel his insurance.
As for the drivers license itself, not much you can do there.... but you can notify the TX DPS of his current standing and they might note it in his record in the event he is ticketed elsewhere.
How do you think it would be viewed if the OP is reporting this AFTER the fact? Since the "friend" has already received the items through the mail, it would be tough for the OP to claim they didn't know.

JETX

ceara19 said:
How do you think it would be viewed if the OP is reporting this AFTER the fact? Since the "friend" has already received the items through the mail, it would be tough for the OP to claim they didn't know.
That is a concern, but not a real problem... nor is there a requirement for ignorance of the fact. The 'authority' (DPS or insurance company) isn't going to care, nor are they going to take any action against somebody who 'reports' this.

g-n-c

JETX said:
In my original post, I stated "He didn't ask." Then how would you suppose I found out? When the mail arrived, of course. Come on, no need to be a smart a--.

JETX said:
In any case, you can certainly call his insurance company and tell them that his vehicle is not 'garaged' at your address any longer.
I did not state it was an insurance policy. I stated it was an Insurance License. Anyway, thanks for trying.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
g-n-c said:
In my original post, I stated "He didn't ask." Then how would you suppose I found out? When the mail arrived, of course. Come on, no need to be a smart a--.
So the mail arrived at your house, and you blithely handed it over to him? And are NOW complaining?

g-n-c

stealth2 said:
So the mail arrived at your house, and you blithely handed it over to him? And are NOW complaining?
Here we go....confrontational. I did not ask you to judge me....you are speculating. This site is about ADVICE....of which you have offered none. Your lips, in this case, are better served zipped. Thank you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
g-n-c said:
Here we go....confrontational. I did not ask you to judge me....you are speculating. This site is about ADVICE....of which you have offered none. Your lips, in this case, are better served zipped. Thank you.
Because your argument makes no sense.

JETX

Oh, Christ... the 'secret' now comes out. The poster is clearly nothing but a spiteful whiney bitch. She was perfectly happy allowing this deadbeat to use and abuse her... as long as she got her share. Now that he has moved on to other pastures... she becomes indignant and now whines and bitches about her ALLOWING him to use her address.
Get a new boy/girl-friend. All those 'frustrations' will be resolved and you can get on with your pathetic little life. :D

ceara19

JETX said:
Oh, Christ... the 'secret' now comes out. The poster is clearly nothing but a spiteful whiney bitch. She was perfectly happy allowing this deadbeat to use and abuse her... as long as she got her share. Now that he has moved on to other pastures... she becomes indignant and now whines and bitches about her ALLOWING him to use her address.
Get a new boy/girl-friend. All those 'frustrations' will be resolved and you can get on with your pathetic little life. :D
If you think her attitude sucks on THIS thread, you need to take a look here
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=324775

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">