• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arraignment...please help me!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dilynnjer

Florida......I have never been in trouble before.....I just received a letter stating I was being arraigned on misdemeanor petty theft charges...stemming from a previous employment. She claims I stole money from the register thru voided transactions. I did do voids on the register...but I did not steal money. I alsowas approached a few months after my employment asking me to sign over the two checks she owed me for any compensation I owed her. I did so to get rid of her harrassment. What will happen at an arraignment and Do I need a lawyer? What will happen if I plea no contest?????? Please help me>>>>>>>>>I need some advice from someone??????????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dilynnjer said:
Florida......I have never been in trouble before.....I just received a letter stating I was being arraigned on misdemeanor petty theft charges...stemming from a previous employment. She claims I stole money from the register thru voided transactions. I did do voids on the register...but I did not steal money. I alsowas approached a few months after my employment asking me to sign over the two checks she owed me for any compensation I owed her. I did so to get rid of her harrassment. What will happen at an arraignment and Do I need a lawyer? What will happen if I plea no contest?????? Please help me>>>>>>>>>I need some advice from someone??????????

My response:

You're gonna fry!

Don't drop the soap - - whatever you do, DON'T drop the soap!

Of course you committed the crime. Who do you think you're fooling, anyway?

You're using the old, "I did so to get rid of her harassment" bullcrap. That was the biggest tip off! No one gives their paychecks back unless they're guilty. You must really believe that we just fell off the turnip truck, don't you.

Go get what's coming to you.

IAAL

D

dilynnjer

my reply to that response...is that not everyone is guilty because they try to get rid of an anoyance.......i really do need someone's advice about this...not a smartass opinion.....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dilynnjer said:
my reply to that response...is that not everyone is guilty because they try to get rid of an anoyance.......i really do need someone's advice about this...not a smartass opinion.....

My response:

Well, after the judge stops laughing, and he composes himself, let me know what he said, and what happens to you.

IAAL

calatty

The arraignment is when you are informed of the charges and plead guilty or not guilty. A no contest, or nolo contendere plea, is the equivalent, for most purposes, of a guilty plea. Of course you need a lawyer, you are in legal trouble - you wouldn't ask if you need a mechanic if you had car trouble, would you? A lawyer can make sure you get the fairest possible disposition of the case. If you do not have a lawyer by the time of arraignment, plead not guilty and get one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">