• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested with drugs, Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

speedytino

A friend and I were arrested last week. He had 60 pills of xanax in his pocket, I had 12 pills of xanax, and about an ounce of weed on me. They charged us with possesion of the pills(not the weed), and offered us a misdemeanor plea. Now, they say that after a lab report, the pills are morphine and methadone. Can they do that? Can they change the charge like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

H

Henry T

Get real. It depepnds on exactly what the plea deal was and who made it and what was done later in reliance on it.

Sounds like they got you. The police and prosecutor don't do drug tests at the scene. If they made a mistake in classifying the drugs and you told them a lie about what the pills were they can raise the stakes, and should. The plea offer is based on an assumed set of facts. Until sentencing you are vulnerable. If the pills were morphine and not xanax that raises the stakes many fold, and the time you face.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">