• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tapples

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My roommate is trying to bring up assault charges on me. He says that one night he overheard me tell one of my suitemates to go beat him up. Problem is, I was blacking out drunk that night and so was my suitemate. I was too intoxicated to do anything physically violent. Does that mean that the assault charge will not go through? Also, I am not positive that I said it, as of yet, he is the only one who heard it. What would be the best thing to do about this situation? Thanks!

Also, if this information is necessary as far as the drinking goes, I'm not of legal age to do it.

T

tapples

sorry about that "trying to" statement, he is bringing up charges, as in a court date is set.

also, i found out that he told my RA
"I hate that kid so much I wish he would die. I want to kill him."

I think his threat outdoes mine bigtime. Should I use this in the case? Or should I make a separate case?

Update: I spoke to my suitemate, he doesn't remember me saying it either, and he doesn't think it makes sense that I would say it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">