• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wednesday18

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Jersey

i was assulted in a way that somebody slapped me. can i file criminal charges? is there any law saying it is ok to slapped somebody under some circumstances? i'm confused whether to pursue filing charges. pls. help. thanks

CdwJava

wednesday18 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Jersey

i was assulted in a way that somebody slapped me. can i file criminal charges? is there any law saying it is ok to slapped somebody under some circumstances? i'm confused whether to pursue filing charges. pls. help. thanks
Call the police and make a report for battery if you want to.

The question is, why? And what is the other party going to say? If they accuse you of something right back, then where will this get you.

If you made a rude remark to someone then consider it a just chastizing and get on with life.

- Carl

wednesday18

CdwJava said:
Call the police and make a report for battery if you want to.

The question is, why? And what is the other party going to say? If they accuse you of something right back, then where will this get you.

If you made a rude remark to someone then consider it a just chastizing and get on with life.

- Carl
why? because the person is accusing me of stealing her husband-which i honestly didn'y know! the guy denied that he is married. the point is..she has no right to hurt me physically...isn't it?

CdwJava

wednesday18 said:
why? because the person is accusing me of stealing her husband-which i honestly didn'y know! the guy denied that he is married. the point is..she has no right to hurt me physically...isn't it?
You're right, she does not have the right to strike you. However, what do you hope to accomplish by this?

Realistically, she's not going to jail for slapping you. And in a jury trial she's likely to get a lot of sympathy from a jury as she is the aggrieved, cuckolded woman. Whether you knew or not, she'll have sympathy on her side.

But, the choice is yours. You can make a report and MAYBE it will go to trial and you will take some days off of work to attend court. She might get a fine and maybe probation ... more likely she'll get to talk to the police and the DA will decide not to pursue it. They might ... but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

If you're not physically hurt, I would think it would be far less of a hassle to just let it go.

But that's me.

- Carl

outonbail

I will add this,

Now that your obviously aware this man is married, it's probably best if you stop sleeping with him as well. So turn the other cheek and head in that direction, away from the married guy. This will avoid a second stinging red cheek...

cricket140

Too many people, these days, want to run to the police for every little thing. Things that can be worked out in other ways. Since you are not hurt, except for your pride, you really should find something else to occupy your time. If you can't get it off your mind, go do something nice for someone else.
If one of your children slapped another one, would you want that parent to go file charges against your child? Wouldn't you rather the parent called you to let you know the kids were upset with each other and then you could help your children work it out? Think about it. It is best to let it go. IMO.

Do unto others...........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">