• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault 4th Degree "Domestic Violence No Visible Injury"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pro Se in KY

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Kentucky
Does this even make sense? Under the Statue 508.030 Assault in the fourth degree.
(1) A person is guilty of assault in the fourth degree when:
(a) He intentionally or wantonly causes physical injury to another person; or
(b) With recklessness he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.
(2) Assault in the fourth degree is a Class A misdemeanor.
Effective: July 15, 1982
History: Amended 1982 Ky. Acts ch. 429, sec. 2, effective July 15, 1982. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 67, effective January 1, 1975.

How can one be convicted with this contradictory charge with no physical injury? Have any of you seen this in any fourms?

FlyingRon

If I slug you in the stomach and you double over in pain but it doesn't leave a mark, are you going to argue I didn't assault you? It's still physical injury. It is not necessary for me to bloody you or break a bone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">