• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomvancer

In California is it possible to sue someone for assault when in fact no injuries have occurred and no police report was ever filed? It seems as though one may only sue for injuries incured, loss of wages, etc. In a case like this what is the proper response to the threat of a law suit by the clients lawyer?

F

FKNA

Being it's California, when it comes to law suits, ANYTHING is possible. Based on the info you have provided thus for, THEY HAVE NO CASE. Tell their lawyer to shove it.

T

tomvancer

I bet IAAL is one of those blood sucking parasites that promotes these types of law suits anyway!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tomvancer said:
I bet IAAL is one of those blood sucking parasites that promotes these types of law suits anyway!
My response:

Thank you.

Please, by all means, take the word of FKNA, over the sage words of a Stanford Law graduate (IAAL), who's been in practice for 22 years, with a 3-partner law firm and a staff to choke a horse.

Your words, while very caustic, will not help you in your dilemma. Suffice it to say, while your words may make you feel better now, you'll still be "paying the piper" when you're sued, despite what FKNA's beliefs might be.

You know the old saying, "He who laughs last . . . " But, you go right ahead and feel better.

Thank you once again.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FKNA

"Please, by all means, take the word of FKNA, over the sage words of a Stanford Law graduate (IAAL)"

IAAL, just which words of did you want tomvancer to listen to by you? Could it be "Please, take FKNA's advice"...after all, that's the only advice we have seen you give tom.

Or maybe the God Almighty IAAL will tell our poster tomvancer how the attorney will prove his case in a court of law, convincing a jury that injuries were incured, resulting in loss of wages based on the information that has been provided?

So IAAL, seems to me what you are trying to tell us if I were walking down the street in Burbank, CA and saw you. Then didn't go to work for a few weeks, I could then hire an attorney saying you assaulted me, sue your butt and win?

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

FKNA said:
"Please, by all means, take the word of a drunk and a criminal (FKNA), over the sage words of a Stanford Law graduate (IAAL)"

IAAL, just which words of did you want tomvancer to listen to by you? Could it be "Please, take FKNA's advice"...after all, that's the only advice we have seen you give tom.

Or maybe the God Almighty IAAL will tell our poster tomvancer how the attorney will prove his case in a court of law, convincing a jury that injuries were incured, resulting in loss of wages based on the information that has been provided?

So IAAL, seems to me what you are trying to tell us if I were walking down the street in Burbank, CA and saw you. Then didn't go to work for a few weeks, I could then hire an attorney saying you assaulted me, sue your butt and win?
My response:

You're an idiot, and I won't discuss the law with a drunk and a criminal.

I would have helped our writer, but when he joined forces with you, a drunk and a criminal, then he can think of me when he loses his shirt.

IAAL

F

FKNA

yeah yeah yeah....it's always the same with you. Come in with a know it all attitude. Then ALWAYS failing to back up any of your statements. Coming up with some lame excuse as to why you won't give the original poster the information they seek.

Tom....as I stated earlier, some people just have an agenda on this site....especially in the criminal threads.

F

FKNA

I'm next? yeah sure right. I keep on getting empty promises from you. When is it going to happen, tonight, tomorrow, next week, next year, next century? The suspense is killing me. The day you are able to pull off getting rid of me is the day your handle gets busted down to guest.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

FKNA said:
The day you are able to pull off getting rid of me is the day your handle gets busted down to guest.
My response:

That, my dear FKNA, will never happen. You really have no clue, do you?

So, keep it up. I'm very near the edge with you.

IAAL

F

FKNA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

That, my dear FKNA, will never happen. You really have no clue, do you?

So, keep it up. I'm very near the edge with you.

IAAL
Back tracking already? Same old story. I'm growing tired of your empty threats.

T

tomvancer

So, anyway? You're saying that you can be sued for nothing? If I get smacked in the face by my girlfriend or a random person, but there is no mark or injury, what can I sue for? Mabey I'll hire IAAL and sue anyone who has ever touched me...

calatty

In California, assault is defined as "an unlawful attempt, coupled with a present ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another." (Pen. Code section 240.) No injury need be inflicted. I have assaulted you if I lunge at you with a knife but do not actually touch you. Presumably the party is claiming emotional damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">