• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Ohioauntie

My state is Ohio.

Last night my two nephews got into a physical confrontation. Nephew #1 and his mother were into a disagreement when Nephew #2's wife started making comments. #1 told her it was none of her business and to stay out of it. She kept up, he called her a name, she got her husband (nephew #2) and said #1 was cussing her out. Nephew #2 told #1 not to talk to his wife like that (up in #1's face). #1 told #2 to back down or he would do it for him. #2 said bring it on. #1 did. He hit him, flipped him on the couch, and hit him again. #2 got up crying and called the law... Sherriff and rescue squad came. Nephew #1 went home and waited for the Sherriff to come and get him. They asked his side of the story then cuffed him and took him to jail. Charged with assault.

He goes to court tomorrow morning and has no idea what to expect. It is his first offense.

The arresting officers did not read him his rights before taking him away.

What can he expect in court? Sentence? Fine?

Is it too late for #2 to drop the charges?

Please, please, I need an answer quick.

Thank You!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">