• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault and Battery Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

ddrose0219

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My boyfriend and I had a festive night and a bit too much to drink last November. Unfortunately, the events turned sour and led to a nasty arguement. The bottom line is he left me stranded in the city with no phone, no money and with an injured shoulder. The cops found me in the parking garage and I was, needless to say, pretty pissed off about the whole situation. I was pretty distraught and made statements that were a bit “exagerated”. I was asked several times if I wanted to press charges against him, but I refused. Well, apparently the Commonwealth decided that they knew what was best for me and pressed charges on him. He was currently on probation for OUI and now is facing 2 years in jail because of this incident.

I attended the arraignment and pre-trial to try to confess to my “exagerated statements”, but I have not been given a chance. I realize that on April 8, that opportunity will be granted. My question is, what will happen to me for making those statements?

Last edited:

P

Pfaffing85690

Your boyfriend is facing two years in jail because of your 'exaggerated statements' and all you care about is your butt?

Here is my answer to your specific question: "Who cares?"

D

ddrose0219

NO YOU ASS! I'm not worried about my butt....I'm worried about getting the charges dropped for him!

P

Pfaffing85690

Such language. It's no wonder he slugged you.

My question is, what will happen to me for making those statements?
Now, is that still your question? Seems it was from the beginning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">