• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

any help wanted

What is the name of your state? south carolina

Well i was at a gas station and this guy i know came from another county to fight me. He jumped out his car and pulled a knife out on me and my little brother so i grabbed a baseball bat i had in my car. Well he kept coming at us and he was between me and my car and he slashed my tire then came back at me with his knife and i couldnt get away so i hit him with the baseball bat only one time and it was on his arm. After that he backed off and i had enough time to get back in my car and get away. I rode on my flat tire for about 5 minutes untill i lost him and could change my tire. So i came home and called the police and they came to my house about two hours later and arrested me for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Thats self-defense is it not? If not can someone tell me what i can do about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">