• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault causing bodily harm~Help~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StellaEV

Last weekend my husband and I went to a party at a bar thinking we were there just to have a good time. Well, needless to say there was a fight, in which one of my husband's friends had decided to poke his nose.
My husband tried to seperate his friend from the brawl, and took him inside the bar, I saw them and immediatley smelled trouble. I asked my husband what happened, and after he explained to me I asked him if he was involved, he assured me that he just went to separate his freind, *who was fighting*.
To make a long story short, they *along with some other men* went to jail, got charged for assault, and they got bailed out.

Just today I called the bail bond in order to confirm a few things,
and they let me know that my husband's charges were not simple assault, but that they were ASSAULT CAUSING BODILY HARM, I didn't understand, my husband still assures me that he did nothing, and I believe him, as well as many other witnesses who guarantee that he did nothing,

what should I do?? My husband is a resident through marriage, (with a clean record) how will these charges affect him, and what exactly is ASSUALT CAUSING BODILY HARM?can any one help me here?
Thank yOu
~StellA~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">