• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lylesct

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I was arrested for assault, after getting into a verbal disagreement with the manager of a fast food restaurant. I asked for the manager after poor service from the cashier. The manager was no better and I asked for the corporate complaint #...to which he claimed he did not know. Subsequently we had words, and he went on telling the cashier "he could handle me...I'm a light weight etc. I said it sounds like you're trying to step in the lot?....I ended up leaving the store, went across the street (on the way home), to get cigars from the gas station. Upon leaving the gas station, I was arrested for assault...I never touched the guy, he started the words? I am currently on probation. Will I end up in jail?

L

lukewarm

hot headed over hot food

interesting.......

Well her is what comes first. You have to review what was said in the discovery of the charges to see if he made any mention of you makeing any contact with that person or persons. Next thing you can inquire is if there are video cams at the fast food place which a majority have. Next thing is I believe in most states assault is a misdemenor....of what degree you have been charged I am unsure of. I would assume that you have a lawyer who can most likely if you are telling the truth get the charges reduced or dismissed based on what the facts are against you.

Hope this help a little....

Luke

H

hexeliebe

Just for your information, assault CAN occur with words, Battery is the physical touching of another.

So, although you just "exchanged words" with the manager, it depends on what those words were whether or not you'll be held to the charge.

H

hexeliebe

That's why it's fast, in and out....

Now how's that for a visual

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">