• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault charges/restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nirvana

hi i just need some general advice here i know the laws vary from place to place but anything would be helpful. If anyone knows anything about canadian law that would also be great.

A few days ago two of my friends were having a fight while they were both drunk, and someone passed by and decided to call the police. The police came and arrested the guy for assault. They told his girlfriend they would drive her home, and she thought he would have to spend a night in jail. THey ended up taking her to the police station saying that she just had to tell them what happened. They made her sign a statement and that they would call her the next day. They never called. when he had a bail hearing on Monday they had changed her statement, said that she was sober, and told him that they had taken a restraining order out against him on her behalf.

Is this possible without her knowing, and how can she get her statement changed.When she went to the police station they refused to give it to her.

We are going to the courthouse on thursday morning to try get the charges dropped so any advice as soon as possible would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">