• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault by Teen Lied to by a Cop, and Slandered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raptor777

California

In Monterey California a went up to a group of teens accompanied by their aquantances. One of the girls in the group sitting down threw a fry in my face, and another threated to call the police on me based on her paranoia that I might be a pedophile.

I later returned to them, yelled at them once for it, they then laughed, I then rebuked (without cursing or yelling overly loud) at the one who made the pedophile comment. A man came out asked if I was bothering them, they said yes, and I then argued with him telling him what happened, and he said, "But they're just kids" and I went to go to the library. Someone had called the police and the officer came and talked to me, I told him what happened and he said the fry in my face was not assualt, and another officer came and said not to talk to little boys before leaving. I kept defending myself and the sgt or head officer said he'd write me a ticket for not having a seat on my bike if I didn't shut up. When I didn't shut up he wrote me a ticket and I ended up paying a $95 fine. He hadn't even seen me ride it.

Later I found I had a warrent out for my arrest, for disturbing the peace (cussing in public), my lawyer, who had a temper problem, said I had a weird record and that charges could be added to the charge of cussing, like that I raped someone (tho I was eliminated from that long ago by my dna), she said it didn't matter and yelled at me when I said I wanted to plead not guilty in front of others in the building and said, "Fine then be labeled a sexual offender", I was humiliated and have problems dealing with being yelled at too, and so told her fine. I plead no contest and it seems to have given me problems with giving me hired to explain why I was charged with what I was.

I also learned the man lied to the police, saying I had cussed, and not all the girls pressed charges against me, hint hint. I told my lawyer they wouldn't prove I cussed, but she insisted they'd be able too, which is another reason I plead no contest.

What should I do, is there damages I can sue for. An officer in New Mexico said throwing a fry in someone's face is assualt. NOW I learned this a year later?! I am so disgusted with the U.S..

CdwJava

raptor777 said:
In Monterey California a went up to a group of teens accompanied by their aquantances. One of the girls in the group sitting down threw a fry in my face, and another threated to call the police on me based on her paranoia that I might be a pedophile.
This is very odd behavior by a group of kids ... may I inquire as to precisely what you did or said to draw this kind of a response?

I later returned to them, yelled at them once for it, they then laughed, I then rebuked (without cursing or yelling overly loud) at the one who made the pedophile comment. A man came out asked if I was bothering them, they said yes, and I then argued with him telling him what happened, and he said, "But they're just kids" and I went to go to the library.
Ah, nothing like a mature act of de-escalation. :rolleyes:

Someone had called the police and the officer came and talked to me, I told him what happened and he said the fry in my face was not assualt, and another officer came and said not to talk to little boys before leaving. I kept defending myself and the sgt or head officer said he'd write me a ticket for not having a seat on my bike if I didn't shut up.
Arguing with the cops ... BAD idea! You could have nodded, said, "I understand - I won't talk to them," and it would have been overwith. Instead you had to try and argue with them?!

When I didn't shut up he wrote me a ticket and I ended up paying a $95 fine. He hadn't even seen me ride it.
Then you should have gone to court instead of paying the fine.

Later I found I had a warrent out for my arrest, for disturbing the peace (cussing in public), my lawyer, who had a temper problem, said I had a weird record and that charges could be added to the charge of cussing,
The lawyer had a temper problem?

Uh ... could it truly be that everyone else has the problem and that it really could not be YOU?

I told my lawyer they wouldn't prove I cussed, but she insisted they'd be able too, which is another reason I plead no contest.
If you already plead out, then what's the point?

What should I do, is there damages I can sue for. An officer in New Mexico said throwing a fry in someone's face is assualt. NOW I learned this a year later?! I am so disgusted with the U.S..
Who would you sue? And for what?

You plead no contest. Legally, that has the same effect as "guilty". If you have the money you can try to sue anyone for anything, but you better be prepared to lose every penny. I suppose you could always TRY to have the kid charged with battery for tossing a fry at you ... but don't count on that happening.

It's been a year - move on.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">