• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault, Wrongful Ternimantion, Salary Offered Not Honored

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sam Rayburn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Firstly the salary and day rate offered was not honored and I did not find out the "new" salary and day rate until 2 weeks after I relocated 270 miles and started the job.

Secondly, I was verbally abused for bringing up the subject even though my supervisor admitted he made a mistake. Human Resources acknowledged the discrepancy and did nothing.

Thirdly, I was suspended without pay for one week after returning from a job on a remote location because I did not follow instructions contained in an email. I did not read this email until I returned from the field. No one on the job could receive company emails. (this can be proved).

Fourthly, I wrote a rebuttal letter and met with Human Resources. HR agreed with me and said the supervisor in question should be trained in anger management and people skills and my suspension without pay would be lifted. I also said in the letter that the supervisor had a beer bottle in his company supplied vehicle which is against company policy. The HR representative said she would address that specific issue later.

Fifthly, After the supervisor's manager "talked" to HR, the HR representative reversed her decisions and said I was lucky to have a job. This conversation was 7 hours after the initial meeting in the morning.

Sixthly, After my suspension I was assigned field work not in my job description and the work is done by non exempt status employees, but I completed the work exceeding a field supervisor's expectations (can be proved in writing). This assignment went on for a week until another non exempt employee was available.

Issue 7, I was terminated.

In my letter to HR, I blew the whistle on the supervisor in question. Included in this letter was his non attendance at the office on a routine basis, his verbal abuse of me and other direct reports. There are other issues which are minor in comparison to the supervisors assault and battery on a fellow employee that is afraid of filing charges due to possible retaliation and termination of employment by the supervisor in question. This supervisor also impregnated the secretary, gave her overtime pay while not being at the office and at the same time taking hours away from other non exempt employees to compensate the secretary. The supervisor ended up marrying the secretary after each others divorce was finalized. An audit of the time sheets was done by the supervisor's manager and no wrong doing was found. This "audit" was done due to another supervisor calling in to the "Listen Up" employee program to report abuse.

An additional question I have, can I file criminal assault and battery charges on the supervisor even though he committed the crime on a fellow employee? Do I have a case against my previous employer for what I think are multiple crimes?

Sam Rayburn

You cannot file charges -- only a DA can do that. And you have NO STANDING to file a complaint.
I understand that the employee that was assaulted and injured is the only person that can file a complaint with the police. Thank you for that clarification.

When you say I have "NO STANDING to file a complaint" , is this in reference to the terms of compensation that were not honored, the suspension without pay and my termination? At a minimum and in my opinion, the breaking of the verbal contract of compensation is against the law.

Not that it should make any difference, but the company I worked for has a market cap of $25B.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">