• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assualt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iqbalmcp

What is the name of your state? ny
i was recently convicted of assualt in third degree. if any body knows that it is felony or misdemeanor.and if it is misdemeanor then how worst is this.

stephenk

How can you be convicted of a crime and not know if it is a felony or misdemeanor???? Werent you represented by an attorney?

I

iqbalmcp

thankyou for answring my question.actually my attorney was new.he did help me lot.before the trial district attorny talked to me.he told me if i plea guilty,my charges will be reduced to assault in third degree and i wont get any jail or probation.i really wanted to get out of this system so i agreed to plea guilty and did not even ask him if it is felony or misdemeanor.now some body told me that i can be deported from us because i was convicted.i have filed fo green card ,that is why i am so scare.and one final thing this case was about a fight with a guy witch i did not know before.please help me and let me know if it is a serios crime.for your information,i was fined $120 dollers and asked to complete an anger management class witch i completed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">