• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assualt & Battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anon1m0us

What is the name of your state? New York

I was driving my Car with my wife & child in back when the car in front of me was parking. I stopped and waited until the car in front finished parking. Meanwhile, the car behind me was honking his horn non-stop. I lowered my window and told the person who was in a parked car on my side, what is the person honking at? That's when I saw the person in the car behind me get out of his car and thew a bottle at my rear window (where my child was sitting). I got out of the car and asked him what his problem was when he pushed me. I tried getting his hands off me, but then he started punching me. The end result was, I was knocked out and I woke up when I being loaded into the ambulance. The person was arrested at the scene. I suffered a broken nose (two bones broke) and have headaches & back aches. My jaw hurts and so does my elbow. Besides the two black eyes I have.
I have cat scan showing my broken nose, and went to DR's to make sure nothing else is broken.
I want to sue this person. What should I do in order to proceed? What should I expect from the lawsuit? What about criminal lawsuit? I want to make sure the person is charged with Assult (or battery) which ever applies, and he should be sentenced to jail. How long can they lock him up for?
In a civil suit, how much can I sue for?
How long will this whole process take?
Can he counter sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">