• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Atm Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raheema

What is the name of your state?i live in pa. i am being accused of atm fraud by my credit union and the person in charge of this is calling me at work calling my mother and threating to send the cops to my job and to tell my supervisor that i work with that i owe this money this is the first time i talk to her and she was yelling and i tried to explain to her that i was at work and i could not talk to her at the time , and she was yelling and telling me that i had to talk to her now, she called my mothers house and told her that i had to 12o clock today but didnt tell her what was going to happened after that , please explain what i can do as far as not having the cops come to my job or having her call my employer . and what right if any do i have? can she call tell my supervisor legally what is going on and can i be arrested?

djohnson

Yours answers depend greatly on what happened. If you have stolen money by fraud or any other means jail is possibility. It may also depend on your record. We would need to know more info as to what happened. If they are a first party collector they have no rules to follow. Telling them not to call you at work only works for third party agencies.

R

raheema

i have no record of this ever happening before and she said that i deposited empty envelopes in the mac machine i am assuming that this is first party speaking because she is from the credit union that the deposit was made to.how long does it take for them to send the cop to arrest me after she files the order?I called to set up arraingment to pay the debt but i am not sure if she will accept it

stephenk

are you admitting you committed the phony deposit trick? If yes, get all the money you owe them and offer to pay it at once, not on a monthly basis. They have the option to refuse, but might be glad to get the money and drop the whole thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">