• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attacked by boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hurtneedhelp

I was physically attacked by my boss this week, thrown into 3 walls picked up and thrown out of the office, kicked hair pulled and neck around my throat trying to choke me.My boss left the scene before the ploice got there, I have one witness, we both wrote out statements and were told she would be sited by mail with simple assault and harrasement and that I have to fight her civily after out court date. I am looking for advice on what my rights are, where to look for them and what the definition of simple assault is compared to regular assault.
thanks for any help

T

Tracey

I can't tell you the difference without reading your state's laws. Since I don't know your state.....

My best guess is that simple assault means no physical harm, just unwanted touching, shoving, etc. Second degree assault would mean the defendant caused bodily pain or injury. First degree assault means the defendant caused great bodily pain or injury or used a deadly weapon. Your state may define these terms differently.

Get an attorney to sue your boss. You'll also want to get a restraining order agaisnt her eitehr requiring her not to enter the office when you're there or requiring her to pay you even though you don't come in to the office. You can call the prosecutor's office ans ask to speak with the victim's rights advocate. S/he may be able to help you convince the state to upgrade the charges, charge her with felony assault, etc.

If she is convicted of assault, the assault is proven for purposes of your civil suit.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">