• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attacked by Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frustrated1

What is the name of your state? MI

I have had an on going property dispute with my neighbor. I put up a fence and things just didn't get any better.

Last week I was in front, putting in a plant and decided to see where my underground property stake was, just to make sure. My neighbor had gotten mad and put another above ground stake in - where she thought it might go. The surveyor's stake was gone and she gave the stakes that were in to my contractor, who put up the fence.

At any rate, she came running out the door yelling I wish you would die bitch and tried to grab the shovel from me. When she couldn't get it she started hitting me with the wooden stake. I told her to leave me alone and go away (of course) but she didn't stop attacking me until I sprayed her with pepper spray.

Police were called, etc. They said there may be two warrents issued. I called the police station to let them know if there was a warrant for my arrest I would come in willingly. The officer told me not to worry there was no warrant.

I also filed for a Personal Protection Order. I called today and asked if a decision had been made yet and they said I would have to come in to see what the judge said and that there was a decision.

I didn't see anything about coming in, in the paperwork I have, should I be worried that something is going on? If so, what might it be?

Thanks - this is really not fun

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">