• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempt burlary in the second degree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nfeidner

I live in NY state. my ex husband has two felonies against him. he has two grand larcenies, and is in prison for rape in the 3rd. he was just charged with attempted burglary in the 2nd. he broke into my home and stole two laptops, two xbox 360s, a ps3 , a ps2 and many games. what will hey possibliy get?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in NY state. my ex husband has two felonies against him. he has two grand larcenies, and is in prison for rape in the 3rd. he was just charged with attempted burglary in the 2nd. he broke into my home and stole two laptops, two xbox 360s, a ps3 , a ps2 and many games. what will hey possibliy get?
There is no way we can answer that question. Try to get in touch with the prosecutor in the case...

I cannot believe you did not hold onto this keeper. Is he on probation now?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you're overly concerned about him speak to someone in the DA's office about getting an order of protection against him.

Do it before he gets out of prison.

sandyclaus

Was he your EX at the time of the burglary? (HINT: If you two were married at the time, he might be able to validate a claim that these laptops, xbox 360s, ps3, ps2, and games might be just as much his as yours.)

Also, if he's in prison NOW, when did this alleged burglary occur? Did you ever report it to the police at the time, or are you just trying to figure out what kind of mess you can stir up by reporting it now, after the fact? (HINT: If you didn't see fit to report the incident at the time it happened, you will appear less credible and more vindictive now by trying to report it only when he is about to be released on parole. Kind of makes it look like you are just trying to get back at him or keep him in jail/prison.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">