• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempted identity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbybeck01

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I made the dumb mistake of attempting to run someone's personal info i got from work to obtain credit, i admitted to the police i did it. I never received any merchandise or money but i did make an attempted. What am I looking at? years???

Happy Trails

bobbybeck01 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I made the dumb mistake of attempting to run someone's personal info i got from work to obtain credit, i admitted to the police i did it. I never received any merchandise or money but i did make an attempted. What am I looking at? years???
What exactly are they charging you with?

bobbybeck01

i think it's going to be identity theft. i'm not sure, i haven't been charged yet (only been about 2 weeks) from the info i've gotten on the web (which isn't much) i believe they can charge me with "attempted" identity theft, but can punish me with identity theft (if that makes sense). i think it starts off with a few months in prison. i'm not sure. need help asap!

Veronica1228

bobbybeck01 said:
i think it's going to be identity theft. i'm not sure, i haven't been charged yet (only been about 2 weeks) from the info i've gotten on the web (which isn't much) i believe they can charge me with "attempted" identity theft, but can punish me with identity theft (if that makes sense). i think it starts off with a few months in prison. i'm not sure. need help asap!
Ha! Identity theft is a felony. A big one. Tell Bubba I said, hi!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">