• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attempted Kidnapping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KJohan

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

What is the statute of limitations for attempted kidnapping and domestic assault? Last year when I was pregnant with my daughter her father wanted me to have an abortion. I refused so he assaulted me in the parking lot of my work and attempted to force me into his car. He was arrested for assault but multiple friends of his said they would kill me and my daughter if I followed through with the charges. I never showed up for court. I am not sure what was done with the case but now a year later he has begun to try to contact me. I am scared and not sure what I can do.

CdwJava

You SHOULD have gone to the police with the threats ... now, that failure could play against you in court.

I would go to the police now with what happened; there is no guarantee that they can or will pursue the original charges, but it might be possible. However, if the charges were dismissed with prejudice, then the matter is done. And, I would seek a protective order against Mr. Wonderful ASAP.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">