• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To attend a funeral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have looked and looked and haven't found what I need so I thought I would ask here.

My BIL is in prison here in Indiana. Earlier today his father and grandmother were killed in a fire. I called the prison to see the procedure as far as getting the information to him and to see if there was a way to allow him to attend the funeral. I was told that once we know the funeral home information they will verify the deaths but that in order to grant a furlough or whatever that it would require a court order.

First, does anyone know what type of filing this would be? And what county is that to be filed in? (i.e prosecuting county, county of prison, or county of funeral?) I plan to call an attorney tomorrow morning but thought I would attempt to get a heads up on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">