• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Sold but have Bad Check..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thugin

What is the name of your state? Florida

I sold a Car to a buyer the other day for $5,500 he gave me a personal check.. I gave him the title and thought that it was over.. he transfered the title in his name and the check is bad the account is no longer open.. what can I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thugin said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I sold a Car to a buyer the other day for $5,500 he gave me a personal check.. I gave him the title and thought that it was over.. he transfered the title in his name and the check is bad the account is no longer open.. what can I do?

My response:

You need to talk to this guy so the both of you can cry in some beer.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=199799

IAAL

T

thugin

lol

In all honesty I cannot do anything.. I cant report the Car stolen.. or call the police and make a report?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thugin said:
In all honesty I cannot do anything.. I cant report the Car stolen.. or call the police and make a report?
My response:

If the purchaser is local, file in Small Claims court where the jurisdictional limit is $5,000.00. You forfeit the rest.

No, you can't file a stolen vehicle report because this is a "contract" matter. You gave him the keys, and you signed the title. So, it's not a stolen vehicle. In fact, because you signed the title, it's not about the vehicle any longer because the vehicle isn't yours. It's about a rubber check.

Next time you decide to sign a vehicle title, read the sentence above where you sign. Once you do that, you'll understand.

Oh, and I'm glad you're laughing with the "lol".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">