• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto theft and malicious mischief? HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angellyn206

Washington State: In 1999, the transmission on my car was out and was in need of a new car. I did not have sufficient credit so my boyfriend at the time said he would assist me in purchasing a car with addition of his credit. I put a down payment of $2500 and traded in my car ($4000). I had sole possession of the vehicle, and we made payments together for a 1.5 years until we broke up. I have been making payments since then.

On Oct 19, 2001 I was involved in an accident which was not my fault. I filed a claim with my insurance, but did not have time to get the car repaired. On Dec 23, 2001 he came with the cops to take the car and explained that the car is his. All the paperwork has both of our names listed.

He has been calling my home and emailing me daily saying that he is going to sue me for auto theft and for malicious mischief. He claims that I was hiding the car from him because of the damages. He also says that he is getting the car fixed and will take me to court to pay him. Can he do this to me???

Please Help ASAP...I am very worried!

Thank you in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">