• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yeahyeah

I just found out that i have to get an fbi background check for a new job. I would like to know what convictions are reported to the fbi. I had a possession of marijuana charge of less than 2 grams and paraphanalia (rolling papers)in kentucky a couple of years ago. i'm not available for expunction until five years after the case. I did not include this on a prior application, and was given a background check. They will not release the results to me now, but said that if the issue wasn't addressed during my employment, nothing must have came back. This situation is really complicated, and i don't really want to put this citation on my application. My question is: would this crime have been reported to the fbi database, or what crimes are required to be reported to the fbi? my last job told me there must have not been anything on the check, or i would have been notified, but refused to go check because it was "company property.". i thought that the fbi knew everything....are only certain crimes reported to the fbi? can i get my own check at the fbi? thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">