• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jao6008

What is the name of your state? FL
I was given 3 check to cash totaling 10,000.00> I put them in the bank but they got returned to me. when I went to the issuing bank they checked and told me there was not enough money in the account & that i should contact the police. the signature did not match to what i was call her. said it was here married name before she got the divorce. i now really think it may be a fraud case. will they be coming after me for trying to cash them i just deposited them & did not spend any of the money waiting for them to clear just incase. the problem i have with going to the police is that i'm new in the military & do not want to do anything to ruin it.

Some Random Guy

By depositing the checks, you have already gotten yourself involved. Now, do you want to contact the police to report this fraud or do you want to have the police contact you about the stolen checks and your attempt to steal $10K?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">