• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Check 9 years old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Barbaraw

Kentucky
I received a call today from a gentlemen who informed me that they where getting ready to file a warrant for my arrest over a check that did not clear my bank over 9 yrs ago. Today was the first I had ever heard of this, at the time I was going through a divorce and had to move in with my parents. Can they arrest me now after 9 years?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Barbaraw said:
Kentucky
I received a call today from a gentlemen who informed me that they where getting ready to file a warrant for my arrest over a check that did not clear my bank over 9 yrs ago. Today was the first I had ever heard of this, at the time I was going through a divorce and had to move in with my parents. Can they arrest me now after 9 years?
My response:

The Statute of Limitations in Kentucky on a written debt is 15 years. You're out of luck - - they found you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">