• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad check writing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monique

my husband wrote a bad check for a atv. I am not too sure what is going to happen. He did return the atv. The money was suppose to be in our account but never arrived electronically from his lawyer. Now where he wrote the check is taking him to court. I want to know what is a trial docket, a criminal summons, and what are his chances of staying out of jail? He is our only source of income.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If he has a criminal summons with a trial docket, it means he is being criminally charged. But if he is being sued by the company from whom he purchased the atv, he is being civilly sued.

Question is did he intentionally or knowingly write a bad check? Does he have written acknowledgement or proof he returned the atv? How did this lawyer get involved? Does he have proof of these transactions? How much of the money was supposed to be returned to you?

Were the funds supposed to be returned to you directly or to your trust account via the attorney? Why isn't the attorney trying to get the money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">