• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsbraatz

What is the name of your state? wisconsin. My girlfriend wrote a couple checks to her bank for deposit in her account. these checks have since been returned to the bank. She withdrew the money from her account and now owes the bank 3100.00. they charged it against her savings account so it now has a balance of -3100.00. they are now threatening "legal action". Since they charged it to her account can they still prosecute her criminally or is it now a lawsuit situation only? Thank you. They also worded it as "legal action" and didnt mention anything about criminal prosecution. Thanks again.

stephenk

they can do both, civil action to recover their money and file a criminal complaint against your girlfriend.

A

aahlee

IF I bash you over the head for $3100 you have in your pocket, is that a civil or criminal matter?

Your LOSER LOSER LOSER of a Girlfriend did the same with A PEN, and will see the inside of a Jail soon enough...

Dump her, stay as far away from her as possible, dont let her screw you too.....

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

aahlee said:

IF I bash you over the head for $3100 you have in your pocket, is that a civil or criminal matter?

=================================

My response:

Sometimes, you can be so vividly descriptive that it hurts!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">